2.03.2014

Hamlet--Last Tweets

I found this post in my "Drafts" folder--I can't believe I forgot to publish it!

From 11/26/13...



For extra credit on last week's vocab quiz, I asked my students to imagine the last tweet of one of the victims of Act 5 of Hamlet.  Here are their responses:

@Hamlet  #dontkillyourselfHoratio #tellmycrazystorytothepeopleofDenmark #letFortinbrasbeking

@Queen_Gertrude  I'm peacin out of here before I have to see any more death #seeya #queenproblems

@Hamlet   Just got stabbed by a poison blade! 'Bout to die #yolo #feelssogood #livingontheedge

@Hamlet   Die Claudius Die! #ikilledhim #dadwillbeproud #nowimdying

@queengertrude   Thou shall only live once. Literally. #yolo #sketchydrinks

@Hamlet   #OMG King Claudius, now former king, is dead! I am now king of Denmark...I'm also dying. #awk

@Hamlet   Finally got revenge for my father's death. #killed @Claudius & @Laertes but got hurt and my mom @Gertrude died. Now I'm #dying #dead #goingtoheaven

@Gertrude   I am dead, by the drink poisoned by my husband. Pity me #killClaudius

@Hamlet  #YOLO  I'm dying now, so give my land to Fortinbras. IDC anymore. I have done all I need to.

@Laertes    I was just cut by my own poison sword! This did NOT go according to plan. I'm a #goner #yolo #OMG #rememberme

@Hamlet  I have killed Claudius #finally #longliveoldhamlet #success #newking #Denmark #sorrymom

@Gertrude  I don't really know what's going on but my wine tasted funny #yolo #noregrets

@Hamlet  I write this before I go to murder the vile killer of my father. Hope this works! #killer #YOLO

@Gertrude  So I guess my husband poisoned me? #dying #myhusbandmeanttokillmyson

@Gertrude    I need a drink...#notabstemious #husbandgonecray #hamletgonecray #whyisLaerteshere #yolo

@Gertrude   I thought it was just wine.

@Claudius   #backfired #currentlydying #Killbypoisondiebypoison

@Gertrude   Why the hell didn't I believe my son?  #incestiswrong

@supposedlymadwlove  Well we all had a feeling this was gonna happen #i'vebeenslain #stupidLaertes

@love1_lovethebrother  That didn't taste like wine anyways. #poisoned #mylifeisover #royalprobs #sorryDenmark

@Hamlet   End of line #MCP

@Gertrude    Oops! #yolo #idrankthekoolaid

@itsLaertesyo    @HamletprinceofDenmark Good fight bro. See you up there #stabbedhimfirst

@Gertrude  So stoked for the match!! #GOHAMLET OMG I'm so thirst @KingClaudius will there be drinks?

@OG_rude149  Just drank that poison #sodamnclumsy #soshakespearean

@Claudius WHy did I go through all this trouble again? #meandmydumbplans #ohdarn #i'mdead #notgettingoutofthisone

@Gertrude My murderous husband is putting a valuable pearl in my son's drink? #seemslegitimate

@kingclaudius  I hope this works! #fingerscrossed





No comments:

Post a Comment