10.26.2013

Blogging at 41,000 Feet

I'm posting this weekend from my flight from San Francisco back home to the OC after attending the Fall CUE conference in Napa.  Look forward to some #eduawesome posts of some of the tips, tricks, and tools I learned!

For my students this week:

I'd like you to take one paragraph from your recent short works essay, a paragraph that you struggled with, as evidenced by the feedback from me and/or your peer reviewer.  First, post the paragraph in its original form, as you turned it in to me.  You will want to copy the text from Word into a TextEdit or some text program to remove all the formatting before you post it.  Then, under the original, I want to see your revision of that paragraph.  Think carefully about the topic sentence, the evidence you used (and how you set it up and analyzed it), and edit your word choices so your paragraph includes NO weak verbs (to be, to have, to go, etc) and is as concise--yet thorough--as possible.  And of course, be sure to address any and all feedback I gave you on said paragraph.

Happy editing!

No comments:

Post a Comment